Monday, July 16, 2012

Picnic Themed Shower

July 2012

Recently I was asked to make some display cookies for a picnic themed baby shower. The dessert hostess requested watermelons and ants, and as soon as I heard about this my mind was abuzz with all of the possibilities! In the end I also added some picnic blankets with piped ants crawling across the top inspired by these cuties. The inspiration cookies were made using Wilton spray, but I was looking for a more casual, vintage look so I decided to try painting the lines on. I think it worked out beautifully and the inconsistencies only add to the charm. I hope the mommy-to-be was pleased with the results:

"The ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah!"

"The ants go marching one by one, the little one stops to suck his thumb...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...