Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sugar and Spice

August 2012
New Baby

New babies are always exciting, but when the gender is a surprise, the anticipation is really amped up! This was the case as we waited for this little one to arrive. Mommy wanted the gender to be a surprise and this pregnancy was a bit of a roller coaster ride so we all waited on pins and needles!
Finally the eve of baby's arrival came and I really wanted to deliver a fresh batch of cookies with baby's brothers on THE DAY. If this was to happen, I had to take a gamble and make a guess. So I stayed up late and decorated away.....with BLUE.



BUT I WAS WRONG!
So the next morning, when Allie Ruth made her long awaited appearance, we tossed those blue cookies and started over. Pink was the color of the day and I loved decorating these cookies knowing they were for the newest addition to my family!

Decorating cookies for Allie

I decided to try making some chocolate roll out cookies as a variation of the vanilla. Unfortunately, they were yucky. I'll have to work on that recipe a bit. ;)

The final product.   I love the pinks and especially that cute font. I hope New Mom got the chance to enjoy a few by herself at the hospital and didn't have to share them all with her guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...