Sunday, August 26, 2012

Tropical Cookies

August 2012
Farewell Cookies


Recently I had a request for cookies for a farewell party. The guest of honor was going to be moving to Hawaii. When I heard this, I knew exactly what to make! Recently my mom had sent me these hibiscus flower cookies that she found on Pinterest. I used the same colors, but did a few things differently. First of all, I did not have a flower cutter, nor the four leaf clover cutter the tutorial calls for. I knew I would need to cut lots of cookies and I did not want to hand cut them all so I tweaked an extra gingerbread man cutter that I had laying around to get the shape I wanted for the flowers.

For the pineapples I used an engagement ring cutter that my friend had bought for me the day before!

As you can see, I put my own spin on them, but I am really happy with the result. You can't see it in the pictures, but the pineapples have yellow sanding sugar on the fronts so they had a little bit of sparkle. Aloha!
Packaged and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...