Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Zebra Cake

October 2012
Sweet Sixteen

This past weekend my good friend's daughter had her sweet sixteen party and I offered to make a cake for the big event. She was planning a black and white zebra theme with Tiffany Blue accents. I was very excited (and quite nervous) about this project. I was happy to try something new, but anxious because it was going to be a big event and a very important one at that! Well, in the end, I was satisfied with the results and I enjoyed the process so much! I made a two-tier vanilla and chocolate zebra design (inside and out) with chocolate buttercream filling. I added a large fondant bow to the top. I wish I actually could have been there to celebrate, but I had another commitment that day. I hope your birthday was very special, Kelsie!
 Here is the finished product:

I love the colors she chose. I seem to be using this teal color quite a bit lately. It is so popular.

I just love this picture. It says it all. I hope your day was fantastic, Kelsie. You really deserve to be celebrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...